The Secretariat handles the following:
Providing secretarial services to the University Senate and Deans Committee which includes:
- Issue of notices for meetings
- Preparation of agenda
- Recording minutes at meetings
- Follow-up with relevant officials for implementation of decisions
- Organizing meetings for sub-committees and writing reports
Staff at work in the Students Registry
Co-coordinating the accreditation of various institutions seeking to offer University of Nairobi programmes which includes:
- Providing application guidelines
- Receiving applications
- Organizing committee meetings
- Co-ordinating inspection visits
- Drafting accreditation visit reports
- Co-coordinating review visits
Managing Staff Education Support Fund (SESF) which includes:
- Facilitating the issuance of application notice
- Circulation of the relevant application details
- Issue and receipt of application forms
- Co-ordination and editing of SESF data analysis
- Verification of all applications
- Issue of award letters
- Managing the Students Registry
- Co-coordinating Inaugural Lectures and Gandhi Memorial Lectures
- Co-coordinating the University Exhibition Committee
- Managing the Transfer of Credits and Exemptions process.
- Managing equation of Academic Qualifications through the Kenya National Examinations Council and Commission for Higher Education.
Provision of advisory services to the following:
- Newly elected Deans/Directors on their functions as they relate to the Academic Division
- Newly elected SONU Representatives to Senate
- Preparation of Academic Division Reports for submission to the University Council.
- Coordination of Performance Contract documents and reports for the Academic Division.
- Processing the Appointments of Visiting Lecturers and Research Associates through the Deans Committee.
- Processing the approval of Inter-Intra Faculty/School transfers for Module II.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AA) and Academic Registrar.