The Academic ICT section is service delivery oriented unit divided into three subsections namely Automation, Infrastructure and Support as well as Communication. The section offers ICT services to all other sections within the Academic division and it subscribes to the university’s service delivery charter.
The section’s main functions are as listed below.
- Infrastructure, Hardware and Network Support, Specifically Maintenance of ICT infrastructure, equipment and network
- Updating of software in use such as Antivirus and Operating systems
- Coordination and undertaking of staff training on corporate systems as well as online solutions
- Facilitation and support of virtual events.
- Website: Continually retrieve and upload appropriate webometric content
- Social Media: Maintain continual flow of appropriate information on social media platforms
- Stakeholder Information: Respond to all online enquires.
- Automation: Carry out system analysis in determining requirements in the automation of processes in the academic division.