The functions of the Admissions Office include but are not limited to those listed below. More information on admissions to the University of Nairobi is available at http://www.uonbi.ac.ke/admission
Admission for government sponsored Undergraduate students.
This we do with collaboration of the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS)
- Issuance of application information to intending applicants through secondary schools.
- Preparation of and issuing of letters of offer and Joining Instructions to applicants admitted to the University of Nairobi two months prior to reporting date.
- Processing inter-faculty transfer requests by the fourth week after reporting
Admission for self sponsored Undergraduate students
- Advertisement of the Academic programmes
- Issuance of application forms
- Receiving of and particulars capture from completed application forms
- Evaluation and short-listing (by Faculties/Schools/Institutes)
- Issuance of admission letters (Deans committee recommendations)
- Registration (in Faculties/Institutes)
- Temporary withdrawals
- Student particulars corrections and updates
- Nominal roll preparation (first years)
- Inter-faculty/school transfers
- Secretariat for annual academic calendar timetable
- Liaison for Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Preparation of Statistical Summaries
- Preparation of student ID cards