TO ALL IN COMING FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Nairobi. The University of Nairobi is a world class university committed to scholarly excellence. Your orientation programme, registration and classes will be conducted through the blended mode at the University.
Please find the following important information to assist you in preparing to join the University of Nairobi:
- Ensure to download your admission letter and joining instructions and acquire a University email address. The attached Checklist will assist you to organize all the required documents.
- The Academic Year 2023/2024 will commence on Monday 25th September 2023 for all First Years.
- The Orientation/Registration week programme and instructions on how to access your registration documents will be communicated to you at your various Faculties. The Orientation week will be from 25th September to 1st October 2023.
- All students are expected to pay the relevant fees before their admission to the University. Module II students will generate their admission numbers upon payment of fees.
- Teaching, learning and examinations will be conducted in blended (physical and online) mode.
- You are therefore advised to make arrangements in line with the “Bring your own Gadget Policy” to acquire an appropriate gadget like a tablet, iPad or computer/laptop which will enable you to start your classes.
- KCSE 2022 students who may have not received their Admission Letters/Joining Instructions, please login as indicated below to access your admission letter and joining instructions:
- Go to smis.uonbi.ac.ke
- Enter Registration number e.g. C3/3333/2023 as username and KCSE index number as password e.g. 123456789112022
- Applicants who have received Inter-Institution/University Transfer letters from KUCCPS should scan and email the letter/notification from KUCCPS to firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Nairobi will issue all successful applicants with letters of Admission /Joining Instructions.(Checklist attached)
- You are eligible for a Government Scholarship, Loan and Bursary to assist with your educational expenses.
If you need Government financial support, you MUST make an application for consideration through the official link: https://portal.hef.co.ke/auth/signin
In case the Government Scholarship, Loan and Bursary do not cover the entire cost of your program, the deficit will be met by your parent/guardian (Checklist attached)
Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned for any further clarification/assistance.