Welcome to the Central Examinations Centre of the University of Nairobi. Since January 2009, the examinations function of the University is housed at the Central Examination Centre, Chiromo Campus of the University of Nairobi. Our mandate is the management of examinations and administration of related activities.
Services of the Central Examinations Centre:
- Management and coordination of the University examination process
- Preparation and issuance of academic transcripts and certificates
- Certification and confirmation of academic credentials used by the University
- Coordination of internal & external examiners nomination, payment and reports
- Management and generation of the graduation booklet and convocation list
- Custodian of all Senate approved students' examination results
- Co-ordinates and facilitates Senate Examination Disciplinary/Appeals cases
- Management of examination halls at the Central Examinations Centre
- Custodian of academic dress for Ph.D. graduands, honorary degree awards and other invited guests to the graduation ceremony
- Management of the procurement functions of the Centre in liaison with the relevant departments (i.e. finance and procurement).
Towards this end, ICT has been the main driving force in ensuring that the Centre executes its mandate. Considering that the larger part of the processes at the Centre are based on the Student Management Information System (SMIS), then most of these functions are currently automated.
The functions which the Centre has currently automated include:
- Issuances of certificate and transcript
- Certification of documents
- Issuance of letter in lieu of loss of certificate
- Transcript reissuance
All the services are under one information system called Customer Relationship Management Information System, CRMIS.
Some of the services offered through this system are charged.
The charges are as follows:
- Certification of documents Kshs.200 per page
- Issuance of letter in lieu of loss of Certificate Kshs.500
- Transcript reissuance (Per set) Kshs.500
- Certificate storage charges (After deadline) Kshs.1000
The mode of payment for the above listed services is by M-Pesa Paybill Number to be provIded at the Central Examinations Centre Reception Area.
DEPUTY REGISTRAR, EXAMINATIONS